How We Help Business Owners
Baber Turnaround Consulting has worked with over 120 companies in 50 industries helping business owners increase sales, profits and cash flow. It is our goal to help you improve your business’s financial results, reduce your stress and realize your dreams.
Through outsourced CFO services, Baber Turnaround Consulting has made life easier for business owners. Baber takes care of high level business and financial issues when companies prefer not to handle difficult, strategic decisions in-house.
If in financial difficulty, company leadership and staff can focus on what they do best and leave the turnaround headaches to us.
About our process:
Work Session #1 (4 hours)
- Review, analyze and enter Income Statement (P&L) data into a “financial model” for prior three years (from tax returns) and current YTD internal P&L
- Prepare a “Sales Break-Even Analysis” for each year…isolate fixed and variable expenses; calculate “Variable Contribution Margin”; provide trend analysis on expenses…$s and % of sales
- Provide recommendations for potential profit improvement
Work Session #2 (4 hours)
- Review, analyze and enter Balance Sheet data into a “financial model” for prior three years (from tax returns) and latest month in current year
- Prepare a “Cash Flow Analysis” for each year…include a trend of financial metrics, using data from both the Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Provide recommendations for potential cash flow improvement
Work Session #3 (4 hours)
- Prepare a 3-year financial projection: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow: Year 1 – monthly…Year 2 – quarterly…Year 3 - annual
- Provide a 7-year trend of financial metrics: prior 3 years actual…current year projections…next 3 years forecast
- Calculate the “Altman Z-Score for Predicting Potential Bankruptcy” for each of the 7 years…which reveals the trend of the financial health of the company
- Provide recommendations to improve the long-term financial success of your business
“'Focused and affordable' is the catch phrase that sold me on Bob Baber.
As an owner of a third generation closely held business, it’s not easy to invite and pay for an outsider to come in and tell you what you may not want to hear.
After the first 4 hour session I realized that Bob’s advice and his clear, concise methods of reporting and business organization were going to be the keys to our future success.
After years of being 'lonely at the top', Bob helped put me and my company back on track to being competitive in this fast paced global economy.”
Owner, Wood Products Company
* Although Bob Baber is a licensed CPA, we do not offer tax, audit or other CPA-related services